Fusion IT is dedicated to being a leading information and media technology enterprise offering value-added business solutions to enhance the core potential and success of small to medium-sized business clients throughout Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and West Michigan.
We’re on a Mission
- To listen, collaborate and deliver proven vendor-supported technology business solutions as approved by our clients.
- To promote industry best practices that enhance our clients ability to compete favorably, contributing to their success and sustainability.
- To be accountable in the provisioning of cost-effective business solutions within our clients technology environment.
- To be exemplary in our leadership actions, prayerfully guided by our faith in God, serving others with honesty, humility, integrity and respect for all stakeholders and supported by decisions founded on Christian principles.
- To nurture an organizational team environment that promotes forward-thinking and positive attitudes.
- To equip our professional team using developmental growth tools enabling a highly-skilled workforce that applies its technology expertise in the service of our clients and community.
- To encourage and support our team to be selfless leaders who demonstrate good stewardship of the resources entrusted them.
How It All Began
It was in 1991 when the enterprising young veteran Kyle Wentworth departed his government post to exercise his entrepreneurial drive. Kyle, a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and former U.S. Army Information Systems Security Officer who worked as a Senior Systems Network Engineer with DOE top-security clearance at Los Alamos National Laboratories in New Mexico, headed back to Michigan. There, he founded Consultations Plus, LLC, and began serving a small business client base with IT solutions.
Executing a growth strategy, Kyle maneuvered to combine Consultations Plus and Service Technology, LLC, a hosted data center solution provider founded by Curt Irwin. In 2007, Kyle and Curt merged their entities to form Fusion IT, LLC.
In 2009, Kyle prayerfully sought God’s direction for the company. A divine dream revealed to him talented entrepreneurs and professional teams that provided the foundational leadership, business management, back office and capital resources he needed.
In late 2012, Michael Waldschlager, a seasoned leader with broad business management experience, joined Fusion IT to lead the team’s growth strategy through increased service offerings and acquisitions striving to honor God’s plans.
Today, the company’s client base continues to expand with an industry mix of manufacturing, professional services and a strong focus on customized business solutions for non-profits. With an annual growth rate of more than 25%, Fusion IT is on a quest to attract and retain a “best-of-class” team of professionals to serve its growing client base.