Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Pay Grade: 2 Full Time, Hourly Non-exempt
Department: Finance and Accounting Reports to: Staff Accountant
The Accounting Clerk will hold an entry level position responsible for supporting the finance and accounting department’s activities. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for accurate and timely data entry and information processing. They will perform general accounting activities including but not limited to customer invoicing, processing and paying vendor bills, collections, statement reconciliations, payroll entry and generating various reports. Additionally, they will assist in gathering information to maintain product and services costings as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the finance and accounting team’s daily activities.
- Assist with the general ledger accounting.
- Enter and accurately maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable records.
- Strive to understand overall organizational and accounting team objectives.
- Provide support for the accounting system to ensure consistency and accuracy in transaction entry and reporting of all accounts.
- Monitor client account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Perform client follow-up to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
- Assist in preparing all invoice types through an automated process in ConnectWise based on billing cycle.
- Assist in processing employee time and expense reports.
- Assist with conducting credit checks on prospects and report results to management.
- Maintain client financial information and status in ConnectWise.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute as a key member of the finance and accounting team.
- Ensure consistency of existing accounting systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures.
- Identify areas and make constructive suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate escalated issues as needed to the immediate supervisor.
- Document any changes to internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Provide awareness of the entire organization’s business units for which support is being provided.
- Responsible for entering all work as activities or service tickets with time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs.
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials on the ConnectWise University.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
A successful Accounting Clerk must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Embrace the Core Values from the following pages
- Attention to detail is essential
- Strong organizational, communication, and client service skills
- High School Diploma or GED with strong problem-solving reasoning and math skills
- Two or more years performing comparable duties in a +20 employee small to medium size business
- Demonstrate ability to hold confidential and sensitive information
- Must be eligible for surety bonding and pass a full background screen
- Demonstrate understanding and basic skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Quick Books Enterprise software and solid grasp of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Demonstrate ability to conduct effective collection processes to maintain AR accounts within the approved payment terms
- Skill to assist in planning with an ability to think ahead and plan
- Strong communications skills including telephone, written, and verbal; active listening and a focus on client care and proficiency at the keyboard
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Curiosity and a strong drive to learn, grow, and contribute
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with proven experience. Benefit offerings include personal insurances: health, dental, vision, short term disability as well as paid time off, holidays and matching retirement plan. The company encourages professional and personal growth with certification incentives and other programs. Personality and skill level testing are used to assess and assist in development goals that are mutually beneficial to growth and success.
Some content contained -Copyright © 2019 ConnectWise, Inc All Rights Reserved Copyright Strictly Enforced
Fusion IT is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
Company Core Values:
Act with a Heart of Servitude
- Bring a smile with service to all stakeholders
- Driven to deliver client satisfaction
- Embrace and apply good stewardship of others’ resources
Do the right thing
- Exhibit integrity in all matters without compromise
- Exercise respect and fairness to all stakeholders
- Be accountable and take responsibility for ones’ actions
- Trust is not taken for granted but consistently earned
Embrace Family Culture
- Use family values when conducting business or engaging with team members
- Be a team contributor to build and deliver effective client solutions
- Actively participate and contribute to mentoring and training opportunities
- Demonstrate and embrace servant leadership principals
- Be collaborative for the greater good of the team
- Demonstrate a higher level of service and knowledge for the clients benefit
- Be dependable and thorough in the service delivery
- Form and nurture relationships
Be Innovative and Passionate
- Challenge the status quo; maximize risk managed client business solutions
- Show drive and passion for one’s “calling or purpose” in life aligning with the company goals and objectives
- Exhibit foundational work-life balance rooted in Faith, Family and Country
Just own IT
- Empower yourself to take charge and get it done
- Uphold our commitment of dependable IT services