Position: Field Technician L2
Rate: Pay Grade 3 Hourly
Term: Full Time; Published business hours (some on call duty)
Department: Projects and Service Reports to: Service Manager
The Field Technician L2 is responsible to assist and support the design and implementation of varied client physical network and data system infrastructures, hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with networking & data systems solutions and administrative requests. Generally working under the guidance of Senior level Engineers to gain practical field and solution experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design and implementation of engineered Layer2 network solutions including wireless, WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Assist to design and implement disaster recovery solutions as related to the client network environment.
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, and windows networking technologies.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, connectivity support for Terminal Services, Citrix and other remote access solutions.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Provide secondary support of Microsoft based OS systems environments, including Windows Server and workstations.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as incurred.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work performed as service or project against tickets in ConnectWise in accordance with Company policy published in the Employee Handbook.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Perform any and all other duties to the best of one’s ability as assigned by supervision.
- Required rotational support of the On Call Duty Policy as scheduled (after hours and weekends).
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Above average interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, written communication and documentary skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Actively served 2 to 5 years’ building knowledge and experience supporting and engineering layer 2 network and data systems infrastructure in the field or on-site for a single employer.
- Demonstrate technical diagnostic skills for providing effective resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, adopt and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with proven experience. Benefit offerings are participative with personal insurances: health, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, holidays and matching retirement plan. The company also promotes professional and personal growth with certification incentives and other programs. Personality and skill level testing are used to assess and assist in development goals that are mutually beneficial to growth and success.
Some content contained -Copyright © 2019 ConnectWise, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Copyright Strictly Enforced.
Rev. 1.2 190801