Job Title: Service Desk Technician L1
Term: Full Time M-F 8AM-5PM
Department: Service and Support Reports to: Service Manager
This position is responsible for handling first level support of service requests that relates to all technology including workstations, servers, printers, networks and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Issue or manage ticket as Level 1 is limited to properly assess and document client issues the SLA guidelines and resolve or
- Escalate to a Level 2 resource.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Act as the single point of contact to the client for all types of service requests
- Coordination of all IT support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources
- Pre-process service ticketed requests as they arrive through all intakes including direct client input
- Schedule internal and field technical resources on the ConnectWise dispatch portal
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- When dispatching, the goal is to attain maximum utilization of internal and field technical resources through daily dispatch of service requests.
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction with fast turnaround of client requests
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Supervisor
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Any and all other duties qualified to be performed as may be assigned by supervision.
- Enter all work as service tickets or projects into ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Preferred professional certifications Comptia A+ or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
- High School Diploma or equivalent with proficient and accurate typing skills
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care
- Self- motivated and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-moving environment
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with proven experience. Benefit offerings are participative with personal insurances: health, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, holidays and matching retirement plan. The company also promotes professional and personal growth with certification incentives and other programs. Personality and skill level testing are used to assess and assist in development goals that are mutually beneficial to growth and success.
Some content contained -Copyright © 2019 ConnectWise, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Copyright Strictly Enforced.
Rev. 4.1 190801