Position: Systems & Storage Engineer L2
Rate: Pay Grade 3 Salaried
Term: Full Time; Published business hours (some on call duty)
Department: Projects and Service Reports to: Enterprise Virtualization & Systems Architect Mgr.
The Systems & Storage Engineer L2 is responsible for developing, designing and coordinating technology for clients. The primary duties include engineering collaboration, creating and assisting with virtual and storage solutions in the client technology environment. Assist with complex network architectures and collaborate with senior management to deliver exceptional and secure engineered client business solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult and conduct Client facing meetings to develop project plans, goals, and budgets: identify resources needed, develop schedules and measure results in ConnectWise
- Ensuring that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated
- Understand overall project objectives, requirements, roles and functions are clearly communicated and agreed upon by each project team member
- Design and maintain technical and project documentation
- Be business awareness: have specific knowledge of the client and how IT supports their business strategy and goals
- Design, implement and support at the systems and or network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, storage, security and remote access using company approved related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, CISCO, Watchguard, etc.
- Design, implement and support hosted, telephony and cloud solutions for clients using technologies that meet their requirements
- Design, implement and support business continuity solutions ie., (BDR) backup disaster recovery
- Strong working familiarity with Google and Microsoft cloud productivity platforms. Ability to build, migrate, and diagnose complex problems and issues with configurations.
- Setup & manage Azure AD and connect with local AD
- Familiarity with AWS
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Ability when required to administer and maintain the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Assist and perform L2 engineering field services as needed to resolve client ticketed issues.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Required rotational support of the On Call Duty Policy as scheduled (after hours and weekends)
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Complete customer project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Perform any and all other duties to the best of one’s ability as assigned by supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 year College Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Management or other formal Technical Academic diploma program or related studies
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- +5 yrs. experience in related IT systems, storage, infrastructure and security roles where complex architecture solution projects were designed, managed and implemented successfully.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care
- Diagnosis and critical thinking skills to resolve technical issues
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with proven experience. Benefit offerings are participative with personal insurances: health, dental, vision, short term disability and paid time off, holidays and matching retirement plan. The company also promotes professional and personal growth with certification incentives and other programs. Personality and skill level testing are used to assess and assist in development goals that are mutually beneficial to growth and success.
Some content contained -Copyright © 2019 ConnectWise, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Copyright Strictly Enforced.
Fusion IT is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
Company Core Values:
Act with a Heart of Servitude
- Bring a smile with service to all stakeholders.
- Driven to deliver client satisfaction.
- Embrace and apply good stewardship of others’ resources.
Do what is Right
- Exhibit integrity in all matters without compromise.
- Exercise respect and fairness to all stakeholders.
- Be accountable and take responsibility for one’s actions.
- Trust is not taken for granted but consistently earned.
Engage with Professionalism
- Demonstrate a higher level of service and knowledge for the client’s benefit.
- Be dependable and thorough in the service delivery.
- Form and nurture relationships.
Commit to Teamwork
- Be a team contributor to build and deliver effective client solutions.
- Actively participate and contribute to mentoring and training opportunities.
- Demonstrate and embrace servant leadership principles.
- Be collaborative for the greater good of the team.
Be Innovative and Passionate
- Challenge the status quo; maximize risk managed client business solutions.
- Show drive and passion for one’s “calling or purpose” in life aligning with the company goals and objectives.
- Exhibit foundational work-life balance rooted in Faith, Family and Country.
Just own IT
- Empower yourself to take charge and get it done
- Uphold our commitment of dependable IT services